These are the objectives that will be covered in Year R and KS1 for Managing Online Information. Lots of these objectives will be covered more than once over the year. Each year group will build on the knowledge gained in the previous year group.
- I can talk about how to use the internet as a way of finding information online.
- I can identify devices I could use to access information on the internet.
- I can give simple examples of how to find information using digital technologies, e.g. search engines, voice activated searching.
- I know / understand that we can encounter a range of things online including things we like and don’t like as well as things which are real or make believe / a joke.
- I know how to get help from a trusted adult if we see content that makes us feel sad, uncomfortable, worried or frightened.
- I can use simple keywords in search engines.
- I can demonstrate how to navigate a simple webpage to get to information I need (e.g. home, forward, back buttons; links, tabs and sections).
- I can explain what voice activated searching is and how it might be used, and know it is not a real person (e.g. Alexa, Google Now, Siri).
- I can explain the difference between things that are imaginary, ‘made up’ or ‘make believe’ and things that are ‘true’ or ‘real’.
- I can explain why some information I find online may not be real or true.