Expressive Arts and Design.
Expressive arts and design is used to develop children's imagination, creativity and their ability to use media and materials. Children do this in range of ways including singing songs, playing instruments, making music, dancing, playing with colours, textures and design. All these approaches to expressive arts support children's ability to represent and understand their own feelings and ideas.
Expressive arts and design activities:
- Play dough.
- Making necklaces.
- Conker painting.
- Handprint and finger painting.
- Collages - Cutting and sticking.
- Junk modelling.
- Baking - Cookies, cakes, bread, jelly, etc.
- Finding different natural materials.
- Printing vegetables - painting.
- Singing and dancing
- Making music - kitchen equipment.
- Role play - Playing shops, dress up - doctors and vets.