These are the objectives that will be covered in KS2 for Copyright and Ownership. Lots of these objectives will be covered more than once over the year. Each year group will build on the knowledge gained in the previous year group.
- I can explain why copying someone else’s work from the internet without permission isn’t fair and can explain what problems this might cause.
- When searching on the internet for content to use, I can explain why I need to consider who owns it and whether I have the right to reuse it.
- I can give some simple examples of content which I must not use without permission from the owner, e.g. videos, music, images.
- I can assess and justify when it is acceptable to use the work of others.
- I can give examples of content that is permitted to be reused and know how this content can be found online.
- I can demonstrate the use of search tools to find and access online content which can be reused by others.
- I can demonstrate how to make references to and acknowledge sources I have used from the internet.