This week, I would like you to write a recount of the most exciting thing that happened in your Easter holiday.
1) Read the example recount I have written (Mrs Gale's Easter Adventure)
2) Plan your recount on the story board (draw the pictures of the main events, then describe in sentences what happened.)
3) Add some time words from the word cards to your plan. These help make your writing flow.
4) Write the recount - adding extra details as you write (remember how much you were writing in your English books at school...!)
5) Finally, proof read, check and edit - spelling, capital letters/full stops, sentences make sense/sound like the Queen, add/improve your adjectives, adverbs and conjunctions!
You don't need to do this in one go - take the whole week to make it amazing!